Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Home - Punggol

Ok...I got some cropping done for a few shots taken near my home. I know the macro shots are not that sharp and some have commented that they looked a little under exposed. I can only say...I need to get a close up lens!!!

It was sunny for most of the day when I took this series but for the flowers, there was alot of tree cover so lighting was a challenge. Another thing, I found the view finder on the Sony S3IS not so sharp and very small so viewing for the macro was a little hard. Anyway on to the photos...

This cyclist happened by while I was looking out for birds...I thought the B/W format would convey a sense of loneliness as it was a very quiet road with no one else around.


There were butterflies around but in the end only these 2 co-operated and stayed long enough for me to snap them.



This photo was taken from a truck parked on the side of the road. I remember someting similar somewhere so I thought I 'd give it a try...next time I will try this with a road convex mirror.



For this last one, some Post Production had to be done as it was overcast skies and the photo turned out underexposed. I have several other photos of flowers but that will be posted later in a "Punngol pt II".

No comments: