Monday, April 20, 2009

Wedding Shots

I recently had an oppunity to photograph a wedding. It was my first time shooting such an important event and it was a tiring experience. Running around trying to get that good shot and rushing to change lenses in-between breaks.

But overall, I really enjoyed the chance to try out something new and I was kinda happy with the results. I ended up taking over 400 shots but here are 3 of my favourites that I like to share.

This is just a warm up as I get back into my photography groove and will be doing my weekly posts (hopefully).

The flower girl was so sweet and she could pose for some really nice shots. I like this one because it showed her calm composure before the start of the wedding procession.


I don't know. Black and whites for wedding shots just seems to appeal to me somehow. Most of the shots were in colour except for a very select few that I thought really brought out the feel of the envrioment. Here you see the back of the couple and allows you to see from a guest's point of view. Can you imagine how nervous the couple must be.


I am especially happy with this shot caught just after a joke told by the priest. I fired out so many shots trying to capture the moment the both of them smiled. I think it was a really tender moment that they shared with all the guest there.

4 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

The Bride and groom look so happy in the last shot. I think weddings are all about catching expression and feelings. Your 3 photos show that well.
I am glad you enjoyed shooting the wedding too. Do you think you would do anther one if asked?
I am not sure if I would shot anther wedding as I felt it really stressful.

Toni said...

Wonderful shots, Howard. The bride and groom are going to be thrilled with your work if these are anything by which to judge. I love the shot of the flower girl! You're the second person today to have their first wedding shoot. I'm like Liss, wondering if you will do it again??

Howard said...

Liss - It was a really fun time shooting the wedding. I really won't mind doing another wedding but I won't want to be the primary photographer as I don't think I can handle the stress of the expectations.

Toni - Thank you. There were several other shots that I really hope that they enjoy. This was considered a very easy shoot as normally a chinese wedding will mean having alot more ceremony (there is the bride's home, the groom's home, tea ceremony and the dinner).

Shelli said...

Howard, these are wonderful shots. How fun to shoot your first wedding. I'm glad it was a good experience for you. I think I'd like to try portrait photography part-time, but I'm not sure where to begin. I think weddings would be very stressful, and I'm sure I won't even consider doing them unless I manage to actually make a go at a portrait business and find some success there.

I especially love the last one of the couple laughing. That's a great capture.