Friday, January 30, 2009

Hong Kong First Sights

I'm back from Hong Kong. It's was a really tiring holiday with lots of walking at the theme parks and the shopping/exploring. I ended up taking about 500 photos and I have split a selection into several topics so it'll be easier to view. Also, I've hit my mothly upload allocation on Flickr so it'll be a day before I can upload more.

Oh, during this trip, I ended up with a new lens..the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. It was at a really good price I could not refuse and really recommend if you happen to be in Hong Kong, visit "Wing Shing" for your camera needs.

In this part, here are the some of the first sights I saw on arriving to Hong Kong. All shots were taken inside the bus on the way from the airport to the hotel.

This is a shot of a toll booth on one of the bridges in Hong Kong, cost of this was HKD$10. It wasn't the last toll on the way to the hotel though.



A Hong Kong sea view.



These are residential apartments in Hong Kong. It seems to be the norm that there are so densly packed. If you thought Singapore was bad, this is really takes the cake.

Now in Kowloon, one of the many districts in Hong Kong. This shot was taken while we were at the traffic light under a flyover.

5 comments:

Shelli said...

These are great shots, Howard, and congrats on the new lens. I will probably never make it to Hong Kong, so it's such a treat to see it through your eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love getting these glimpses into a life I will probably never see. I can't even begin to imagine living in those apartments. Looking forward to more photos!

Howard said...

Shelli - Thanks and thanks :) Seriously, Hong Kong was an experience for me and one that I am not so keen on repeating anytime soon..it was a very tiring holiday. I am glad I could share different places with you.

Toni - Yup..that's the fun in viewing others' blogs to share glimpses of different lives. More photos are coming as soon as I can :P

Memories Of Mine said...

When you think about that is a massive amount of people in such a small space.

As you would know comming from a country when even in the city we have a decent size block with backyards etc...I cant imagine how couped up I would feeling living in such a place.

Howard said...

Liss - You are right..there are massive amount of people living in small spaces..when I passed some property agents offices I got to see photos of the interior and some apartments were so tiny!

Be glad that you have a backyard even if it means have to mow the lawn once a while :)