Monday, March 2, 2009

Storm Brewing

It been a dry past few months in Singapore without a drop of rain. But recently the weather has started to get back to normal with rain coming down heavy. Today, I was stuck at home when the dark clouds started forming and couldn't resist taking a few shots out of my window.





The rain didn't last very long and very soon the sun came back out...it was setting and out of view from my window. I was however able to catch the setting sun after the rain via a reflection from the window pane. So what you see here really a reflection of the sun on my window.

7 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Very moody sky and what a great catch that reflection shot is! We had a snow storm this weekend. I posted pics on my blog.

Private said...

Cool photos!

http://globalartblog.com/

Elizabeth Halt said...

very moody. I love them!

Toni said...

That last shot is really cool, Howard! Fantastic!

Memories Of Mine said...

Howard, the black and white photos are so moody. A really nice touch.

Shelli said...

I love the contrast in the black & white photos as well as the reflection of the sunset in the window. Great work!! We had a snowstorm here this past weekend, which is very unusual for where I live. I need to post the pictures.

Howard said...

WW - Thanks...It was lucky I managed to catch the sun setting..it was going down fast. I took a look at the snow storm you caught and it was wonderful.

Rachete - :) Nice to have a new visitor...you have an interesting site.

Elizabeth - Hope I didn't put you in a blue mood with the moody shot here

Toni - Lol...It's really the first time I have taken any reflective shot...I'll be keeping my eye out for anymore interesting reflections from now on.

Liss - Thanks...I had to shoot RAW and adjust the shots to push up the contrast..I really wanted to show the clouds but they were not 'angry' enough..next time maybe.

Shelli - Looking forward to seeing your snow stormstorm shots :)