Friday, February 26, 2010

Tokyo 1st Day

Visiting Japan has been something I have wanted to do for the longest time. Finally, after much planning, I got to holiday Tokyo. It was exciting as we were not going with a tour group but on a "Free and Easy" holiday.

We took a night flight flying out, here is my boy at Changi Airport waiting for our flight:-


Arriving the next morning at 6.30am, we were welcomed into Japan with a light snow fall and -1 degree celsius. It was my first time seeing falling snow so it was something we enjoyed while waiting for the bus to the hotel:-




It was far too early to check-in so after dropping of the luggage at the Hotel we were off to lunch at Ueno which is a 25min train ride from the hotel. We basically just got into the first interesting restruant we saw:-


Ueno's Ameyoko market is very much a mishmash of stuff with fresh and dried foods as well as clothings and souvenirs:-


After lunch and walking around the market, it was just too cold to stay out longer so back to the hotel to check in and conclude the day.

3 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

Hi, welcome back it good to see you around again. Japan looks cold but lovely.

My your boy is growing up! :)

I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Kass said...

I love the shot of your boy in his big coat and the street market. So colorful.

Howard said...

Liss - Thanks for dropping by :) Yes, Japan was a little cold but still great fun and my boy is growing up a little too fast for me.

Kass - Thank you for the comment...winter being the season it is, bright colours were a little hard to come by but glad that I managed to find some :)