Friday, October 3, 2008

Jalan Bersar

I had been wanting to go out more to take more photos and today, I got the chance. I thought I'd give RAW a try as I have never had that capability before. It was a really warm and sunny day and I really didn't want to stay out too long so just a few quick shots here.

I went to the Jalan Besar area to take these shots. Surprisingly, I think there are not all that many photos of the area. There are several recondition shophouses with history and some others that have been neglected. However, the colours there were wonderful and when time permits, I will go back and spend more time in the area.





6 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

I really like the colour in the first shot and your black and white shot at the end.

I know how you feel, I need to get out more and take some different shots. Lets hope I can soon.

I always nice exploring your own area and noticing things you hadn't before.

Howard said...

Hi Liss..For the first shot, I had to make it quick as I had to stand in the middle of the road and I wasn't too keen on getting knocked down :P

The last shot was something of a rarity in Singapore, the sprial staircase is becoming very hard to find as more old buildings get torn down.

I am thinking of doing a whole series on old windows and roof-tops

ChrisYeo said...

Hi Howard!

1) Did you do any editing to get the clouds to look that way?

3 & 5) Love the colours in the windows and the staircase. Somehow, the white sky is distracting to me though. Think this is where we have to meddle in a bit of HDR photography.. heh

Memories Of Mine said...

I would love to see a series of old windows and roof tops!

Howard said...

Hi Chris,

Except for adjustments in the saturation controls to bring out the colours of the buildings, I didn't do anything to the clouds but they may have been affected by the tweaks.

As for the stairs, you are right about the white sky and I will see what I can do in post production.

So when will see you shots with the 50mm?

ChrisYeo said...

Hi Howard,

I've posted the 50mm shots, so do take a look and let me know what you think.

Hi Liss, would love your comments too!