Saturday, September 27, 2008

Singapore F1 Grand Prix

The very first night race in Formula 1 racing and it is held in Singapore. How cool is that? I am not a F1 fan (I prefer Rally racing) but it is really exciting to have such a big event right here. I was lucky to be able to watch the practice session and of course, I took photos. It was challenging to take a night race, the cars were fast, I could not get too close and the race was under lights. I had to really max out the settings on my camera and lens (EF-S 55-250mm). So on to the photos...I took over 400 photos so this is just a small sample.

These were taken during the Porsche race pratice laps:-




Ok, the highlight of the day (or night) the F1 cars:-






The cars coming out of the Pit was exciting too...it looked like at times like near collisions:-

2 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

You have some good photos here. It tough taking photos of fast moving objects in poor light. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The photos are great!

I like #1 for the nice details on the helmet and the "mystery" of where the driver is and is headed. How far away were you?

Nice pictures of the cars on the track too. Not sure, but it seems that the IS locked on the cars and kept them in focus, because you see some motion blur of the track but not in the cars - unless you did some panning. It shows the speed while keeping the cars sharp - I like it. No problem with the ISO 1600. Shutter can even be slower to show more motion blur..

Can you share the shutter settings etc.?

My fav is the 2nd last. Nice! Good shot of Alonso (?) too!