Monday, September 8, 2008

Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve

My first photo trip to Sungei Buloh was a real disappointment. It is a wetland reserve that is suppose to hold a lot of wildlife especially, brids. However, there was not much life there when I was there in the afternoon so it was quite a waste of time for me. Next time, I belive if I am there early in the morning, there will be heaps of wildlife getting breakfast so, I'll give it another try.

Ok, the photos that I did take, many had to be cropped like this one of a red dragonfly.


Of course there were some life but you really had to look for it. It was times like this that I wish I had a really big telephoto lens.



I saw this really big spider's web while on the boardwalk. There was no one home but I thought the web had a nice pattern and tried to get some macro shots and ended up with something like this:-


Finally, I got this monitor lizard at the entrance to the nature reserve. It was right infornt of me and no more that a metre away (3ft). Monitor lizards were in large numbers at the nature reserve and in a pond next to the coffee shop there were about another 5 more.

1 comment:

Memories Of Mine said...

some great cropping on the dragonfly photo. That lizard looks a bit big and scary.