Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Camera - Canon 450D

Finally! The day has come and I have a new toy ... The Canon 450D with 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS kit lens. This came with lots of free goodies:-

2x4Gig Lexmark SD cards
Canon Lens Book
Canon 400D user guide (magazine) - The 450D version was not avaliable
Canon EOS bag
LCD protector
38l Dry Cabinet (traded the free dry box for this with top-up)
52mm UV filter (to fit the 50mm prime lens)

To complete the package, I also got the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens and 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS zoom lens.

I am still going through the user manual and will soon be out taking photos as soon as I get some leave time.

Of course this does not mean the the Canon S3IS is going to be left out. It will still be my primary camera for most family moments and travel (when I do get to travel). The simple reason is that the S3IS uses AA batteries and has a good 6x zoom. This makes it a really convenient camera to bring around.

No comments: