Sunday, September 21, 2008

At Home with Son

After the dissapointing shoot with my chess set, I am happy again as shots of my favorite model, my son, turned out quite well with the 50mm lens.

I think I have figured it out the cause of my poor shots with the chess set, never use the EF 50mm f/1.8 lens for such shots again as the minium distance on this lens is 0.5m which is pretty far for close up shots. My EF-S 18-55m f/2.8-5.6 lens has a closer distance of 0.25m which I will try it out in the chess set again next time to see how it goes. Maybe it's time for a Macro lens?

Anway, on with the photos of my son. All shots where done indoors at home with the afternoon sun coming in from the window. The mess around his face was from his milk and cornflakes he was eating.




2 comments:

ChrisYeo said...

Nice DOF with the 1.8 lens! He's quite comfortable and natural in front of the camera. I like the quizzical look on the 2nd and contemplative on the 4th. Nice angle and more colour on the last - I prefer the warmer colour balance as compared to the rest.

Btw, my blog is up! Do share your comments. I think will get the 50mm too.. we'll be sharing the exact same lens then. :)

Memories Of Mine said...

I like the look on his face in the second shot. The lighting is great too. I just love window light.

Inexpensive suggestion for close up work. Buy some macro filters that screw onto the end of your lens like a normal filter. They cost about $110AUD full price for a set of 3 or 4 but I know you can pick them up on ebay cheaper. You just need to know what size you lens is. I have a set as I don’t want to spend money on a macro lens and feel they work fine for what I do.