Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Isn't it funny?

Isn't it funny when you see a place, scene or people you photographed also appearing somewhere else later?

Well, yesterday, I was reading a newspaper story about how scrap metal dealers have been hit by the slow down in the economy when I saw the photo in the paper and it's caption. It's of the same place that I had taken when I took a walk in Little India and my first shot for Springtree Road's Novemeber in black and white challenge.

All of sudden, I now know a story behind the location I shot and it has become something more personal. Maybe, next time, I will take the time to talk and find out more about the people and places I shoot.

You can view the news article and photo here.

2 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

Damm, to liking photography and having photo blogging friends especially with a temporary dialup connection – Who can blog at this speed?? I miss you and your work.

I really like your boat quay series, your shot look good in black and white.

Memories Of Mine said...

Thanks for noticing, I do have a new blog header.