Sunday, November 9, 2008

Waterloo Street in Black and White

To continue with the challenge from Springtree Road , this morning, I spent some time in the Waterloo area shooting in Black and White.

Waterloo street area is full of churches, museums and art schools. So it is an area that is quite artistic but, I got there too early in the morning so the museums and art shcools were all closed but that was not my aim for today. Today, I decided on doing some street and a little candid shooting.

So enjoy the photos.




There is a famous Buddhist temple at Waterloo which is dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy and next to it, an Indian temple. Most times they are very crowded and I prefer not to take people worshiping as it is some thing private and I’d hate to intrude so instead, here are scenes from just outside the temples.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

howard, these are wonderful! thanks for participating. i love seeing your city, even without the seasons. :)

Memories Of Mine said...

Oh Howard, I am totally in love with the angle statue photo. I can’t believe how well the white sky works as a background. It is so beautiful. The photos in your post today make me wish I had more time without my children to take the time to shoot other things. Even on my holiday I was always rushed to get the shots.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. All nicely composed. I'm here via Springtree Road.

Howard said...

Maya - Hopefully my next set will show the cosmpolitan side my city. We actually have 4 seasons here... hot, wet, hot/wet and shopping :p

Liss - LoL...I can understand your feelings. I am lucky that I had been on shift work so I can find time. That is why all my shots so far have been in daylight while the wife is at work and the son at childcare.

Toni - Good to have you visit and thank you for viewing. It's nice to "meet" new people :)

. said...

Beautiful! Love the statue and just look at all those pigeons!

Howard said...

Keri - Thanks for the comment. The statue is my favourite for this series. The pigeons were fun too to shoot with the waiting for people to walk by and get them flying off.

gba said...

nice photos.i like them.

Howard said...

Hi gba...Thanks for viewing. Nice to have someone visit from such an interesting country :)